Thursday 17 November 2011

TV Day

Today I finally succumbed to the virus that has been making me feeling so peculiar. After five days I still have a sore throat and a cough that threatens to turn my insides out.  So I have taken the day off to be ill for only the second time in about 16 years. It feels like time has stopped still, that I am left on the platform whilst the train speeds by, but looking about I discover it is quite an interesting place to be.  I have spent the afternoon spaced out in front of the TV. I gawped at the Megacities, pondered with some amazement the science of our Brave New World and switched off quite a lot of rubbish.  I don't like being off sick but I want to get better so that this cough stops hurting.   So here I am.  Just waiting, watching and coughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment