Thursday 2 December 2010

Woodland Wonderland

My journey to work this morning started with a mile long walk down the steep side of my hill; the view across the snow clad industrial Don Valley, breathtaking. One bus carried me through Brightside into the centre of Sheffield, then another took me south along the Abbeydale Road.

As I disembarked with colleagues, the driver announced that the bus company was calling all vehicles back to base due to the dangerous conditions. We were quite possibly stranded. But walking uphill from the main road I could only smile with delight as the pathway wound through the woodland fringe to the old school building where I am based. I realise how fortunate I am that I am able to enjoy this unique urban countryside but ashamed that it takes snow to make me do so. I am resolved to walk more as was my intention when first I came here. Slow down and look around. Count my blessings. Breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment