Wednesday 22 February 2017

A downhill adventure

If you look carefully you can see Steve outside our new home.  We're not living there yet because the decorators are in, stripping the walls.  Tomorrow the electrician and the joiner, the builder, the plasterer and the heating engineer will be joining in the party. I shall take chocolate biscuits to eat amidst the dust.
Where is it?  About 100 yards downhill from my present lovely little home, still in Wincobank.
So here's to a new adventure, a new chapter.

The house has a sweet garden, and beyond the green gate there is a further enclosure, a grassy area which will soon be a vegetable garden bringing forth cabbages and leeks, rhubarb and delicious strawberries, beans, onions and potatoes.

This was Connie's garden.   She loved her garden. She fed the many birds, tended the plants and I can imagine her still sitting in the swing seat enjoying the summer sunshine.

Lizzy and Seth like our new home.  They will love the garden and when they visit they will be able to play in the little camp that we will make at the back of the vegetable garden in the deep hedge, with a secret gate through to the woodland beyond.
I used to visit Connie and she would tell me about her long life.  I would tell her about little Lizzy and Seth so she saved the children's booklets from the People's Friend for me to take to Liverpool and I feel as though they almost know each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment