Sunday 13 December 2015

Back to reality

I have been in Hawaii heaven and disconnected from the wi-fi world for a over a week now and am now gently easing myself back into communication as I prepare to say goodbye to Hawaii and set off tomorrow for California. 

Beth has been relugiously reporting on our activites but I will be getting and giving double value by stringing out my amazing experience and posting each day my Hawaiian adventures from England to add what I can to her excellent summary which can be found at www.elizabethkaplan.blogspot.ca

So I shall pick up here as Beth leaves for Vancouver and our paths diverge.

An early morning walk at 6 am today took me through the University of Hawaii campus and back through the trickiest part of the one way system to the little lane to our tiny studio apartment in the old Japanese quarter.  Sean's departed grandfather bought this property many years ago and now he is converting this house and others into compact apartments fir PhD students.

Between the new buildings you can still trace the memory of country lanes and a small town community of  the outskirts of the city now swallowed up by hi tech Honolulu. But the old folk remain. Polite, peaceful and always smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment