Friday 18 December 2015

California dreaming

I'm on my way home and already my time away seems like a dream. But the imagination and inspiration of my Santa Cruz friends sticks to the images that come with me :
   My cosy bed in the corner of the living room with the beautiful hummingbird quilt handcrafted by North American Indian women.
    The very effective and beautiful gas fired stove that pumps out so much heat I thought I was still in Hawaii.
     Pure sweet-tasting drinking water collected from the mountain source.
     Sharing the shower with buckets to recycle water (remember to place only one foot in a bucket).
      The Peace Pole on our Christmas  table,  a full size pole out in the community. No maypole for dancing, just for contemplating Peace.
       Bicycles with baskets and crates to carry the groceries, and tall flags on the back for added safety.
        The tiny hummingbirds on the bush outside the kitchen window.
         The cheeky squirrel munching his nut on the ledge then having a sneaky pee.
          The room full of glowing Tibetan singing bowls rescued from meltdown and waiting for new owners to claim and cherish them.
           The inscription above the door "Only the brave" - an invitation to step out of your comfort zone - to take the risk and do things differently.

     

1 comment: