Wednesday 23 December 2015

Lawai beach

Also opposite but to the left - the slightly larger Lawai beach where the water was warm and salty but oh so blue.  We swam here most days but only on the last did Beth and I get around to hiring snorkeling gear so that we could see exactly with what we were sharing our patch of ocean.

Apart from Nemo's entire extended family there were some very pretty characters but also a big black grumpy looking fish skulking along the bottom, round my feet. In front of my eyes, a shoal of tiny needle fish fluttered around.

It really was amazing although rather alarming. Not so frightening a sight however, as the be-flippered me splodging up the beach in mask and snorkel to deposit my wrist watch in my bag before I plunged into three foot of water to survey the competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment