Monday 15 August 2011

Strawberries in the jam

I am sitting at Toronto Pearson Airport waiting to board my plane home. My head is stuffed with the most wonderful memories and new ideas.

From Montreal we flew to Ottawa to visit to Beth's beautiful mother, her very tall brother Mike and his young and very lively son Jake. And 91 year-old Aunt Doe who seems to have more energy and determination than us all. An inspiring family with many fascinating stories to tell. It was a delight and privilege to meet them all.

Yesterday was just the icing on the cake, each gem of wisdom and experience gleaned from the inspiring writers I met at Beth's Garden Workshop was like a juicy strawberry in the most delicious jam , the taste of which I will remember for years to come. And Beth the most inspiring of teachers, the most honest of writers. I realise how lucky my sister was to have such a penfriend to give her a window on the world and how blessed I am to have had the opportunity to step through the glass into a garden of creativity on the other side of the world. Thank you Beth and thank you to all the new friends I have made.

And now I am going back to find out what the state of play is at home. Watch this space ....

No comments:

Post a Comment