Wednesday 18 August 2010

Of Earth & Sky

Success! I managed to secure a last minute ticket to see the wonderful Bangarra Dance Theatre's production "Of Earth & Sky'. I seemed to be one of the few who invested in the beautiful programme booklet that provides not just stunning photographs but interpretative commentary for the indigenous stories and traditions for which this phenomenal company is renowned. Before the interval was over I had also bought the CD of David Page's imaginative and evocative soundscape. The two together cost nearly as much as the ticket. I told myself these were a gift for Tom but it will be hard to part with these perfect components of a perfect experience. I am in total awe of the dancers who for me are each far more impressive than the most successful sports personalities. Just watching them morph through incarnations from boomerang to locust awoke every physical memory from my more agile past and I departed the Opera House with a firm resolution to eat less, exercise more, move faster and grow younger.

1 comment: