Monday 16 August 2010

Sails in the sun


The extraordinary thing about the Opera House is that it has a different number of sails depending from the angle from which you view it - sometimes only three but turn around and suddenly you can see seven. Just like a giant sailing ship, it changes with the wind.

From the outside it is indeed quite stunning but when queuing at the box office inside the foyer I have to say it reminded me of a municipal car park.

I am looking forward to the thrill of sitting centre in the stalls for Wednesday's performance of Bellini's Sonnambula. And meeting my friend Rosalind here on the Lower Concourse beforehand. She tells me it is a fabulous place to meet especially in early evening in the Spring. I haven't seen Rosalind since 1974 when she was a student at the Royal Ballet School and we worked together at The Dancers Shop in Wimbledon. Now that's a long way away and a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment