Monday 30 August 2010

Romance

On the way home I was delighted to be a guest at the wedding feast of two more old friends - Vanessa and Franco. I watched the film "Letters to Juliet".

I fell in love with Vanessa in when I saw her dance and die as Isadora Duncan. When I went to see her in the film version of "Camalot" I became seriously besotted with Franco Nero and daydreamed away many boring school lessons in my fantasy romance - although I think I was more in love with Lancelot than with the actor.

I discovered only recently that these heroes of my teenage years had had a secret liaison at that time and that a love child was conceived. Many many years later they were finally reunited and now star in this beautiful film about the enduring power of love that is far stronger than the enchantment of age. These two lovers look even more beautiful grown up than in their wilder youth. I wept with sentiment, joy and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment