Thursday 19 August 2010

Rosalind

Back at the Opera House and delighted to meet up with Rosalind again after 36 years. In the 1970s we both worked at the Dancers Shop in Wimbledon and it was our employers, Robert and Jo, who encouraged me to step into the magical world of the pantomime which led to 6 years of theatre work, another 6 as a TV stage manager and then eventually into education via the arts. As a teenager I was in awe of Rosalind who lived my childhood dream and went to White Lodge, the Royal Ballet School. She posed for studies for my A Level Art but we lost touch when I moved away for my first job. She is now a Producer of contemporary dance with a new piece opening at the Opera House in September and we are standing beside her poster while some kind passers by take our photo with both our cameras at once. I truly never thought I would catch up with either Jessica or Rosalind ever again. How lucky I am to have had this opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. You never said you were a dancer. You make me feel pedestrian (pun intended).

    ReplyDelete